1. Terms not otherwise defined in this Privacy Statement are defined in the Terms and Conditions of Use of the ITU-infoDev ICT Regulation Toolkit (or the Toolkit here below).
2. ITU and infoDev, or collectively the Hosts here below, treat personal data about the ICT Regulation Toolkit website users with the utmost confidentiality and scrupulously abides by applicable law pertaining to personal data protection.
B. ICT Regulation Toolkit website visitor
6. Technical information about access, navigation and searches performed by the Toolkit visitors is automatically logged and retained. Such information pertains to the visitor's computer and to the computer's of the website. More specifically, this information consists of:
· The computer's IP address and its corresponding domain name;
· The computer's operating system and the Web browser used;
· The referring site address, if the Toolkit was accessed from another site;
· The query made on the referring site's search engine, when applicable;
· The addresses of the pages visited on the Toolkit;
· The date, time and duration of the visit;
· The queries made on the Toolkit's search engine.
7. Any analysis of this data is strictly for improving the technical quality of the services provided and to evaluate the number of visits to the Toolkit website.
C. Personal information for Toolkit registered users
9. The Toolkit allows sharing and publishing documents as posted by the members of the community of registered Toolkit users (self-published documents). These documents are considered of a public nature.
10. The Hosts hereby expressly disclaim any and all liability resulting from any prejudice caused by the lawful publication of any self-published document containing personal or commercial information on the Toolkit website, or by the eventual dissemination or re-use of these documents by a third party. Requests regarding the content of self-published documents
11. Any request regarding the content of a document published on the Toolkit website must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any and all liability for damage or harm caused by a self-published document remains with the Toolkit user who posted it. The Hosts decide whether a document should remain, be replaced or removed from the Toolkit website.
D. Personal data security
12. Information collected about the Toolkit website users and their computers is maintained in a secure environment. The Hosts are strictly bound to ensure the confidentiality of any personal user data.
14. Offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content posted through the interactive section of the Toolkit website may induce the Hosts to use personal information about a registered user to stop such behaviour.
Where the Hosts reasonably believe that a registered user is or may be in breach of any law (e.g. because posted content may be defamatory), the Hosts may use personal information to inform relevant third parties or law enforcement agencies about the content and the user’s behaviour.